Monday, April 9, 2012

Birth Story: by Melissa Caasi, Umbilical cord already wrapped around...


Hi, Ms. Chiqui! How are you? Would just like to share with you the birth story of our son, Nathaniel Caasi. Feel free to grab his photos in my facebook page.

God bless you too! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. Even if I wasn't able to have a natural birth, the breathing techniques you taught helped me cope with the pain 

Birth Story
Nathaniel Lolin-Caasi
March 20, 2012 / 8:18pm

March 19, 2012. Mi dnight. I was already having consistent, tolerable contractions which hardly allowed me any sleep. Had a snack at 4am with hubby as we continue to observe my contractions. I was able to sleep a little bit afterwards. Then come 7am, the contractions were coming at a consistent pace and we finally decided to go to the hospital. As I was preparing, I felt my water bag leaking already. By the time we got to the hospital and I was admitted, my water bag came out gushing!


As the OB did an IE, I was quite surprised that my dilation is only 1cm given that my water bag broke already. The OB had to induce my labor and put me on IV so the baby can come out quicker. However, after 10 hours of labor WITHOUT anesthesia (our birth plan was natural birth through lamaze), my dilation is still at 1cm. A decision had to be made because delaying my delivery could cause harm to me & the baby. All throughout this process, we were constantly praying & we knew God is in control of the entire situation. I personally do not want a c-section but I trusted that this is part of God's plan.





And indeed, God's timing is perfect. Once the c-section was done, they found the umbilical cord already wrapped around our baby & he already pooped inside. Praise God that He is in good health. I got infected though and had a fever for about 2 days. I tried breastfeeding for awhile (i didn't know it was THAT hard) but had to stop because the meds i was taking for my fever could affect my breastmilk.



It is true what mothers say. No words can describe seeing and holding and having your own child. Love comes automatically. I know motherhood is hard work but you would want to work hard because it's YOUR child. You want nothing but the best for them.




I praise God as well for my wonderful husband, Stephen. He held my hand, encouraged me, prayed for me, even made me laugh as I was going through labor pains. His calmness and peace made me calm as well even when the contractions were soooo painful. When I wanted to give up, he reminded me that God is in control. He showed me how much he really loves me.



Now, as we raise this child by God's grace and strength, I know in the same way that He has been faithful to us in my pregnancy and delivery, He will continue to be faithful to us. We are constantly prayi ng for good health for our baby. He has yet to pass his hearing screening test and as a mother, i cannot help but be anxious. But again, i know God is in control. I know He holds Nathaniel's future. And He is comforting me through His word.


Psalms 116:1
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.

Psalms 116:3-7
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, save me!”
The Lord is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.

Psalms 118:1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

I give back all glory and praises to the Lord for His goodness. He has entrusted to us a beautiful baby boy to nurture, love and protect. He has given us a gift - Nathaniel, a gift from God.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...